BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

February 6, 2010

Dil Toh Bachcha Hai - English Lyrics.



Can’t take my dazed eyes off your burning charm;
Can’t bite off the silky threads of passion, so warm;
Old Age has left me dwelling only in blacks, whites and grays;
Wonder why then the chromatic clouds of youth loom large these days;
Oh God! The pulse is rising, steadily quite
The glow of the face succumbs to a sorry plight
Fear grips me, a forsaken bed causes dismay.
The child in me lives like a newly-conceived sun-ray.
A fresh twig, an unripe fruit, you may say.

Who would’ve ever known, this shielded heart
Would resort to mischief so cunning?
Some holiness of spirit, that instinct doth impart
Was what all expected from one so stunning.
It creates chaos and compels with pursuit.
It dwells on thoughts of no consequence, absolute.
There is none as mischievous as this very heart.
Let it be stopped, let it be cropped,
Deception would tear me down, with tears left to be mopped.
Love seems formidable; I fear it may do a giveaway.
The child in me lives like a newly-conceived sun-ray.
A fresh twig, an unripe fruit, you may say…

2 comments:

Asmi Saxena said...

Love the translation.. always wondered what they would be like in English :)

Unknown said...

embellishment much? i liked the translation nevertheless even though it was not literal